Your tattoo artist has provided you with a beautiful tattoo and has instructed you on the proper aftercare.
The tattoo is a 50/50 venture, with the aftercare being just as crucial as the application. The rolling is a list of simple instructions that will help you through your healing process.
- Remove the bandage between one and three hours after your tattoo session. Gently was your tattoo with a mild antibacterial soap (such as Dial)
and warm water.
- Cloth towels can harbor bacteria, which can be harmful to your fresh tattoo. Be sure the ALWAYS use a new paper towel for washing/blotting your new artwork. It is preferable to let the tattoo air dry before applying fresh ointment or lotion.
- We suggest that you use a non-medicated ointment, such as Aquaphor (made by Eucerin brand), for the first 48 hours. After washing, let the tattoo air dry completely until it feels tight, then apply a minimal amount of ointment to the tattoo (a thin layer that coats the area). For the first couple of days the tattoo may weep after applying ointment. This is a natural part of the healing process; simply blot this excess moisture with a clean paper towel. Wash and apply ointment 3 times a day. KEEP YOUR TATTOO CLEAN!
- DO NOT SOAK YOUR FRESH TATTOO! Keep your showers to a maximum of 10 minutes. (No swimming, baths, hot tubs, or saunas either.)
- After a couple of days, when the tattoo is less irritated, it is safe to switch from ointment to a lotion; one that is dye and fragrance-free. Lotion can be applied more frequently than the ointment. If the tattoo feels tight or itchy, apply some lotion to the dry area. Continue to wash your tattoo regularly.
- Your tattoo will being a light peeling process between 3-7 days after your session. Continue to apply lotion to dry skin. DO NOT PICK, SCRATCH OR HELP THE TATTOO PEEL. It will peel on its own.
If you have any questions during your healing process, please give us a call at 505-265-0972.
Thank you for choosing Archetype Dermigraphic Studio/Gallery.